Due to the lack of any interesting knitting, spinning, dying, or general life content, I’m borrowing this survey courtesy of Knitcole’s lj. (please note that there are slight modifications to make it more PG rated…)
FOUR JOBS YOU’VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE:
1. Strawberry Picker
2. Yarn Shop Girl
3. Fisheries Technician
4. Medical Technologist
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD (AND DO!) WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1. Any movie made by one of my junior agents that does not make me feel car sick.
2. 3rd Harry Potter movie
3. Princess Bride
4. Ok, I don’t really like to watch the same movie over again when there are so many that I have yet to see…
FOUR CITIES YOU’VE LIVED IN:
3. West Hartford
4. Millbrook, NY
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH:
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Rock Star INXS
FOUR PLACES YOU’VE BEEN ON VACATION:
3. Burlington, VT
4. Boothbay Harbor, Maine
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY:
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
3. Brownie batter
4. Poached eggs
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
2. Someplace quiet and relaxing
3. Is it too early to go to Rhinebeck?
4. Somewhere with palm trees and Margaritas
LAST PERSON THAT
1. Slept in your bed: Me and Dave – who else would be in my bed?
2. Saw you cry: A bunch of relatives at my mom’s cousin’s funeral this weekend. It was terribly sad.
3. Made you cry: Going to a funeral and all.
4. Went to the movies with you: My children
5. You went to the mall with: Mall? Me?
7. You went to dinner with: Knitcole!
8. You talked on the phone with: My mom.
9. Said ‘I love you’ to you and really meant it: Agent B when I kissed her goodnight.
10. Broke your heart: CBS for not making a new Rock Star this summer
11. Made you laugh: Like really laugh? My friend Cathie when we went swimming last week. ETA: Also our family film festival on Saturday night – Dave and the girls made some fantastic movies and some were just so funny. Dave even made a music video. He had us all acting out parts for the video, but we didn’t know what the song was going to be, but you would never know by watching the video. I hope he posts it on his blog or e-mail it to me to post…
12. Bought you something: My sister gave me a new Britta water filter this weekend!
W O U L D Y O U R A T H E R
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? Well, since I’m not really a big fan of wearing jewelry that touches my skin, I believe that wearing jewelry that penetrates into my flesh would probably put me over the edge and I would have to call the little men with the white coats to take me away.
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny
3. Drink whole or skim milk? Skim! Whole milk is like thick and gooey.
4. Die in a fire or drown? Oh this question is just horrible! Can I choose maybe smoke inhalation?
A R E Y O U
1. Simple or complicated? My husband would say complicated, what do you think?
2. Gay? As in really happy? Not so much this summer…
3. Hardcore? I don’t really know what this means, but I’m hardcore into knitting.
4. Honest? Of course! Well there is a little white-ish lie that I’m planning on telling or avoiding telling in the future, but I don’t think that it is really going to be dishonest because I am going to make amends.
DO YOU PREFER
1. Flowers or angels? Flowers, I’m not that big into angels. I am rather partial to fairies though.
2. Grey or black? I don’t know about that but I like grey over gray. It is just a nicer looking word, don’t you think?
3. Color or black and white photos? Both are nice, depends on the situation.
4. Yarn lust or yarn love? I think it is ok to occasionally have a casual fling with that exotic yarn that just calls out to you, but I think in the end you should always be faithful to your old standby yarns that are so true to you.
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise? I don’t do sunrise.
6. M&Ms or skittles? M&Ms. Especially the dark chocolate ones. M&M’s always remind me of a certain Croppy friend that I have… (and she’s the one who keyed me into how fantastic the dark ones are!)
7. Rap or rock? Rock, most definitely.
8. Staying up late or waking up early? Up late of course.
1. Do you like anyone? Sometimes. I really like to get out and see people but sometimes I get so frustrated with the things that people do and I just want to go back home.
2. Do they know it? I try to smile and be nice. I’m not a good faker though so I bet sometimes people can tell when I’m frustrated.
DO YOU PREFER
1. Being hot or cold? I really hate being hot. If I’m cold, I can add more clothes (or blankets), but if I start getting hot, I start panicking which just makes me more hot and then it is just a bad cycle.
2. Sun or moon? They are both glorious! I don’t like to be out in the hot sun for too long, but I LOVE sunny days!
3. Winter or Fall? Fall as I’m not a big fan of driving in the snow.
4. Left or right? Left because the Beft always go to the left.
5. Having 10 acquaintances or having 2 best friends? 2 best friends, although if one best friend moves away then you have already lost half your friends and that is not good.
6. Sun or rain? SUN!!!!!
7. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream? What about orange sherbert or lemon Italian ice?
8. Yes or no? I’ve been told that my default answer is no especially when I am pressured.
9. Vodka or Jack? Vodka, though I had a fling with Old Grand Dad once or twice… I do NOT do Appletinis, Captain Morgan, or Triplemint Schnapps. (Actually I do prefer Tequila over Vodka…)
What time is it? 11:29 p.m. (now after completing this and coming back through to attempt to proofread it is 12:13)
Nickname(s): Agent T, Spinny, Tamawool, Ms. Spincerely, Twool, Twoolie, Mrs. IHA (all relatively newly acquired) (That is too many adverbs used together, isn’t it?)
WHAT DO YOU WANT
Where do you want to live? Somewhere that is more sunny than CT.
How many kids do you want? Seriously?
What kind of job do you want? Something that is never boring. (Does that exist?)
Do you want to get married? I already did and it was great fun, so I’m all set for now, thanks.
1. Nervous habits? Probably way too many to list. I guess I tend to wring my hands and just fidget a lot.
2. Are you double jointed? No, and I can’t even touch my toes on most days.
3. Can you roll your tongue? Yes, slightly. I believe that Knitcole asked for more information on this and it can be found here.
4. Can you raise one eyebrow? Yes, but the other one raises also.
5. Can you cross your eyes? Yes, and contrary to what my mom told me, they have never gotten stuck like that.
6. Do you make your bed daily? Almost. More often now that I ever did in my entire life.
1. Which shoe goes on first? Either one, is it important?
2. Ever thrown one at someone? Not that I remember. does anyone know if I have ever thrown a shoe at you?
3. On the average, how much money do you carry in your wallet? Not too much though I’ve had more than usual this summer.
4. What jewelry do you wear? I only wear necklaces in the winter when I’m wearing shirts that prevent the necklace from touching me.
F O O D
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? A combination.
2. Have you ever eaten Spam? Yes, and I noticed that it is on sale at Price Chopper this week for anyone that would like to try it. It looks like they have a light version now. I haven’t eaten Spam in years though, but it was just another food when I was growing up. My Nana always used to make Deviled Ham sandwiches. You know the kind that comes in the can wrapped in the white paper. Yum!
3. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip cookie dough
4. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet? About 20 zillion.
5. What’s your favorite beverage? COFFEE. Silly question!
6. What’s your favorite restaurant? Currently it is Crown and Hammer.
7. Do you cook? I don’t think you can call it that anymore, but I used to be really good and very inventive.
1. How often do you brush your teeth? Twice a day sometimes more.
2. How do you wear your hair for the most part? When I go out it is down, but whenever I’m home, I pull it back out of my face.
3. Have you ever dyed/highlighted your hair? Yes, and Agent K and I are planning a highlighting party for us for sometime this week.
1. Do you swear? Usually just under my breath.
2. Do you ever spit? No, ew.
3. You cook your own food? Um, yes, of course. How else would I eat?
4. You do your own chores? Yes and I’m very good at them too! I am trying to delegate more but sometimes it is just easier to do them myself than to listen to the complaining.
5. You take a lie down today? Sadly not
6. You like beef jerky? No, and I don’t really get the whole concept.
7. You like pepsi or coke? Both/either one
8. You plan on going to college? I’ve already been there and done that. I do want to take classes now and then though.
9. You’re happy with your hair? Yes, unless it is humid and then my hair is atroucious!
10. You own a dog? No and I really really don’t want to even if you beg 24/7 for weeks on end.
11. You spend your money wisely? Yes, I’d like to think so.
12. You’re always making new friends? Yes, at least new acquaintances. Sometimes they turn into friends and I love when that happens.
13. You like to swim? No and I’m allergic to swimming pools.
14. Have you ever got so bored you call a friend? Well that is a silly question because if you call a friend then you are not bored. If the question was have you ever been so bored that you thought you were going to die, then the answer would be yes although we sometimes say around here that only boring people are bored but sometimes as a mom that situation is not all that fixable.
15. You’re patient? I don’t know. I don’t really think so.
16. You like this survey? It is fun, but a bit long.
LET’S BE HONEST
In the last month have you…
1. Had sushi? No. No? How could that be? That needs to be fixed right away!
2. Bought something? Of course, why just this afternoon, I spent $160.00 at the grocery store. I saved $40.00 though.
3. Gotten sick? No, but Agent B has the snuffles so it is just a matter of time.
4. Sung? Yes, I sang a song while playing Settlers on Sunday and LFG said that she was writing my eulogy. I think she meant that she was planning on telling the whole world that I sing off-key, but little does she know that I just beat her to it.
5. Been kissed? Yes.
7. Felt stupid? All the time, I just started a new job.
8. Missed someone? Again, Seriously? Like every single freaking day.
9. Got drunk? No.
10. Gotten highly technical with my knitting? No, it is summer and I have fewer brain cells (but less brain mass).
11. Danced crazy? No, I’m saving that for when the girls go back to school.
12. Gotten your hair cut? Yes, thank goodness. It was getting so long and out of control.
13. Watched cartoons? I watched a Webkinz play today. It was actually quite cleaver. It was Agent K’s creation and it was about a princess with a lot of self confidence.
14. Lied? Not yet. I’m planning on it though, but maybe I’ll do that next month.
So this, apparently, is the end of the survey. These Live Journal things sure do go on forever! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope to get back to more fibery content soon…