Well, if I was as talented as Crops-a-lot, right now I would be typing up a nice little ditty poem about getting ready for the first day of school, but I’m not, and so my poem-ing is going to stay right there in the title and not transcend down in the text of this entry.
This is actually going to be a fibery entry as I need to answer a survey for my Roving Swap.
Oh and before I forget, I posted the details on my Koigu socks on my Completed Projects page.
First I have to say to my dear swap partner who will have to read this and decide what kind of fiber to gift to me – I apologize – it is going to be pretty impossible for me to just answer the questions as stated so I hope in what follows you are able to gleam some useful information to aid in your selection.
Spinner Roving Swap Questions and Other Things:
1) How long have you been spinning? I think it has been about 4 years.
2) Coke or Pepsi? I like both – mostly the kinds that are diet and have as many flavors thrown in as possible like Diet Jazzy Vanilla Kumquat Banana Artichoke Coke.
3) Are you a beginner, intermediate, or experienced spinner? I would say intermediate because I’m more than a beginner, but I have bucketloads more to learn.
4) What did you eat for dinner tonight? Shrimp sauted in garlic, baked potatoes, cucumbers in vinegar, and fruit shish kabob.
5) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both? Both – but prefer my wheel.
6) What was the last movie you saw in a movie theater? RV. I thought it was hilarious. I don’t usually like that type of movie but Robin Williams was just too much!
7) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel) do you currently own? I have a Kromski Minstrel and 2 drops spindles neither of which are notable and by which I mean they are not Goldings.
Who do you think should win Rockstar Supernova? That is a really tough question. I don’t really have a favorite like I did for Rockstar INXS. I liked Ryan and was very sad to see him go. I guess at this point I’m going to have to go with Toby as I’m getting rather bored with Dilana. He is rather handsome and his sexyness factor is starting to creep up.
9) What type of fibers have you spun before? I have spun a bunch of different things, different wools like Romney, Border Leicester, Dorset, Corriedale, Merino, and Shetland, silk, cotton, that is all I can think of at the second.
10) Would you ever Bungee jump? No way!!!!
11) What fibers do you prefer to spin with? I love merino/tencel blend. I like things that are smoother. I guess that means I prefer top to roving?
12) What TV show are you most looking forward to coming back this season? Grey’s Anatomy!!! I can’t wait!!! Do you know they knit on that show? And Dr. McDreamy is so hot!
13) What fibers do you dislike? I don’t like things that are scratchy too much.
14) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fibers? Dyed – I really like to spin in color!
15) What is your favorite sport? I don’t really like sports except for ice skating. If spinning or knitting were sports then sports would be really cool.
16) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample? One type – I already have lots of samples:)
17) What is your favorite drink? Margaritas!
18) What are your favorite colors? I like purple and green (if you look around my blog this will be apparent) and browns mixed with other colors like brown and pink or brown and turquoise.
19) What colors do you dislike? I’m not so fond of orange, I think.
20) If you could go back in time to the 2000 presidential election and cast a magic spell that would alter the results so that Al Gore would be president, would you? OH, YES, YES, YES! Let’s do that!!!
21) What would you like to do with your handspun? I really don’t know. I’m always looking for ideas!
22) What spinning projects are you currently working on? I’m not “working” on any right now – more like “contemplating” working on something. I’m thinking about spinning some of the yarn for SKB for the Sexy Knitters Knit-along.
23) Do you have any allergies? I do. I have some sort of allergy and/or senstivity to mothballs and/or other wool preservatives.
24) What is your prefered shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)? I like USPS the best because then there is no UPS truck whipping up my driveway to knock out my children riding their bikes, but whatever is convienent is ok.
25) Are you looking for the purple bananas? Yes, as fast as I can, but maybe after school starts I can take a break for while.