Oh yes, I have more!
Here is my Damson:
Pattern: Damson by Ysolda Teague, I purchased it as a Ravelry download, however.
My Ravelry link: Here
Yarn: Superwash Blue Faced Leicester, fingering weight
Needles: U.S. Size 4, I believe
Colorway: Hand-dyed Grape Goddess, a Spincerely yours colorway
Thoughts: This was a great pattern to knit. I love patterns where the designer “spells out” for you how many stitches you should have on each row. That being said, I do have to admit that I was always off, so just stopped counting after a while. I started over a few times, but then just gave up. I just knit until I had the correct number of stitches to start the lace section. Oh yes, and how can I forget? I LOVE the clever way this shawls starts out. It is super-nifty.
So, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It is so hard to believe as November has passed so swiftly this year. I guess that is what happens when one is not home for an entire month of Saturdays (and this Saturday I have to work at the library). We are gathering at my parents this year and my sister (Llamafarmgirl) and my BIL are also coming. They decided at the last minute so it is an extra-special treat. The girls were so excited when we told them.
My Thankful List:
I am thankful for:
- An incredible husband who takes care of us ferociously and supports me in everything that I do.
- Three lovely and healthy daughters who are kind, loving, and try their best in everything they do.
- My mom and dad who call me every morning to wish me a happy day.
- My sister and her husband who are strong, supportive, fun, loving, and generous.
- My house – even though it is a ton of work, it keeps us warm and dry.
- My job which gets me out of my house and into the world where I get to practice being with people and feeling more confident in myself.
- My Etsy shop which lets me be creative with color and fiber and share it with the world.
- My friends who I never get to see enough but love dearly.
- My cat Snickerdoodle because he brings good cheer to my family and he is orange and he is soft.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy your day!